Vegged Up Turkey-Quinoa Meatballs
Quinoa takes the place of breadcrumbs in this dish making it healthier and giving it an extra boost of protein. And top it off using quinoa makes this recipe gluten-free.
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup veggies of your choice (we used shredded carrot, diced red pepper, fresh baby spinach)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- dried oregano, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- preferred cooking oil of your choice for browning the meatballs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, quinoa, veggies, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and onion powder.
- Form into balls of your preferred size.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a light coating of your choice of oil to a pan. Lightly brown the meatballs on each side.
- * meatballs will finish cooking in the oven
- Transfer the browned meatballs to a dish lined with paper towel to drain off the cooking oil. Then transfer meatballs to the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through.
- * cooking time will depend on the size of your meatballs
- Serve with your favorite sauce for dipping.
- * use organic ingredients whenever possible
- * choose meats that are organic and raised without antibiotics
- * we highly recommend using organic spinach - spinach is currently ranked #2 on EWG’s Dirty Dozen list for 2017, showing "a sharp increase in pesticide residues on non-organic spinach”, read more here
- * even though down further on the list at #11, sweet bell peppers are also a smart choice to buy organic
FreshmadeNYC | Cooking Studio & Events | New York City | SOHO https://freshmadenyc.com/