These protein-packed bites are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or snack. Fill them with all your favorites.
- 8 eggs eggs
- your favorite veggies (we like broccoli, bell peppers, baby spinach, arugula, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, etc.)
- your favorite fresh herbs (we like dill, basil, parsley, tarragon, etc.)
- optional: your favorite cheese (we like feta, cheddar, parmesan, etc)
- optional: your favorite meats (we like turkey bacon, chicken sausage, etc.)
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop up all the veggies, herbs, cheese and/or meats you are using. Set aside.
- * be sure to chop up everything roughly the same size so that it cooks evenly
- Whisk together the eggs and the milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Ladle the egg mixture into the muffin tin, filling each spot approximately 1/2 of the way full, leaving room for the toppings.
- Add in your veggies, herbs, cheese and/or meats.
- Bake until fluffed up and cooked all the way through. Test with a toothpick.
- Let cool slightly before trying to remove from the muffin tin.
- * use organic ingredients whenever possible
- * see EWG’s Dirty Dozen / Clean 15 List for 2017 here
- * this recipe makes approximately 12 standard muffins
FreshmadeNYC | Cooking Studio & Events | New York City | SOHO https://freshmadenyc.com/