Confetti Corn Soup with Nacho Tortilla Chips
- I quart low-sodium vegetable stock
- 3 ears organic sweet corn, fresh / cut off the cob (or 2-3 cups frozen)
- 4 small potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated on a microplane, pressed in a garlic press, or finely minced
- 2-3 large stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 scallions, scissor cut - for garnish
- Handful of fresh cilantro, scissor cut - for garnish
- Shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, parmigiano, other) - for garnish
- Heat a soup pot over medium heat. Add in olive oil and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes until the onions become translucent but not brown. Add in celery, potatoes, garlic, corn, bell peppers, fresh thyme, paprika, cumin. Stir together and let cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add in the stock and let simmer while you prepare the tortillas. Let the soup cook until veggies are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- 1 package flour tortillas, cut into 6 equal triangles
- Homemade spice mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika and salt (all to taste)
- DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare your spice mixture.
- Cut up tortillas into triangles. Brush with olive oil. Place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with your homemade seasoning.
- Bake in an oven for 10 minutes or lightly golden brown.
- Prepare scallions and cilantro for garnish. Grate cheese for garnish.
- Ladle your soup into your bowl. Top with scallions, cilantro and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
FreshmadeNYC | Cooking Studio & Events | New York City | SOHO https://freshmadenyc.com/