Baked Black Bean Banana Donuts
These flourless donuts are always a hit! The addition of black beans makes them moist and fudge-like, no one will ever know they are in there!
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 banana
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee/espresso powder (optional * brings out the chocolate flavor)
- Toppings: mini chocolate chips, pomegranate arils, pepitas, sprinkles, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray. Place on a large baking sheet.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients - expect for the toppings. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a pastry bag or into a ziplock bag (cut off tip) and pipe into the donut pan.
- Top with your choice of toppings.
- Bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until cooked through completely. Let cool before removing from pan.
FreshmadeNYC | Cooking Studio & Events | New York City | SOHO https://freshmadenyc.com/