Write a review
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2-3 tablespoons of organic milk, cream or milk alternative
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic butter
- Sea salt & fresh pepper, to taste
- Freshly snipped chives
- Drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- Optional add-in's: roasted garlic, cheese, rosemary, curry powder, truffle oil, lemon zest, etc.
- Cut cauliflower into florets.
- In a large pot, bring about 1 cup of water to boil. Add cauliflower, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Drain well.
- In the same pot, add milk, butter and steamed cauliflower. Mash with a potato masher until desired consistency is reached. We liked ours a little coarse but you could surely use a potato ricer or immersion blender for a smoother consistency.
- Drizzle with olive oil, top with chives and serve immediately.
- Wanna make it vegan? Substitute the butter for Earth Balance, the cheese for nutritional yeast, and the milk for a non-dairy milk (almond, hemp, coconut, etc)
- Food Fact: Cauliflower is part of the cruciferous vegetable family, the same plant family as broccoli, kale, cabbage and collards. Studies show that phytochemicals in cruciferous vegetables, like cauliflower, can fight and protect you from certain cancers. Cauliflower is high in vitamin C, K, and manganese. It is great for the digestive system boasting nearly 12 grams of fiber per 100 calories. Cauliflower is also low carb!